Building a simple application with a PHP framework
Let’s experience the power of PHP frameworks by building a simple application that displays a list of books from a database using the MVC architecture. For this example, we’ll use Laravel:
- Install Laravel using Composer:
composer create-project laravel/laravel book-app
- Create a Book model and migration:
php artisan make:model Book -m
- Define the database schema in the migration file, and run the migration:
- Create a BookController to handle book-related requests:
php artisan make:controller BookController
- Define a route to display the list of books in the routes/web.php file:
Implement the index method in the BookController to fetch and display the list of books from the database.
With these simple steps, you have a functioning application built with Laravel, demonstrating the power of PHP frameworks and the elegance of the MVC architecture.